42S&P Global Platts Data via Machine-to-Machine Delivery
S&P Global Platts developments in machine delivery are driving faster and more intuitive access to data and analytics. By using integrated datasets and analysis across commodities, geographies, and the supply chain, users will have a truly connected view of what is driving change in the markets.
New APIs to Deliver Commodity Insights and Data
The recent introduction of two new fundamental data APIs—the World Refinery Database API (WRD) and the Platts Oil Inventory API—is the beginning of a multi-year effort to provide fundamental commodity insights and data from our highly valued analytics services, to direct ‘machine consumption’ in customer back-end systems, quantitative models, or data lake build outs, to highlight some examples.
These new APIs join S&P Global Platts’ more extensive API and data-feed offerings and can now be found both in the commodity-specific Platts Developer Portal (developer.platts.com) and in the broader S&P Global Marketplace (marketplace.spglobal.com).
Platts World Refinery Database API
- Platts World Refinery Database provides a comprehensive view of the entire downstream value chain, from crude inputs to detailed product outputs
- Access to outage, capacity, runs, and yields data for crude and refined products
- Allows integration with proprietary models and visualization tools
- Platts Oil Inventory Data is a comprehensive global inventory database, covering detailed crude oil and refined petroleum products inventories and tank capacities data, both recent and historical with a focus on the U.S. and China.
- Customer Benefits of Machine Delivery
- Integrate data into current systems and models
- Access data instantaneously
- Eliminate human error
- Save on infrastructure and hosting costs
- Work smarter and more efficiently
- Update content as it becomes available
- Take advantage of the far-reaching progress in digitization
- Explore new growth opportunities
Platts Developer Portal
The newly redesigned Platts Developer Portal is a key component of S&P Global Platts vision to help power the commodity markets of the future by enhancing the experience delivered to customers through its use of digital technologies. Customers will find which datasets are available via machine delivery, review sample documentation, and request trial access.