41S&P Global Platts Data and Insights on the S&P Global Platform
Driving digital transformation in the energy and commodity markets
S&P Global Platts is building an integrated platform that delivers independent price benchmarks, news, and analytics insights when, where, and how clients need them.
- Simplified User Experience
- Platts Platform integrates hundreds of publications and multiple platforms, covering 13 commodity verticals onto a single platform
- Personalized & Visual
- User-tested design makes it simple for clients to filter, display, and access relevant information; price chart visualization and price history provide essential context
- Open & Extensible
- Platts Platform’s open architecture allows clients to extend content to their proprietary systems using Platts™ Excel Add-in
- Single Sign-On
- Single sign-on login allows clients to access their subscription to S&P Global Platts data and analytics services, along with content from other S&P Global divisions
- An HTML5 architecture recognizes a client’s device and location, making it possible for clients to access Platts Platform from their desktop or mobile device
- Commodity Service Model Pricing
- New, value-based approach provides a single, fixed license to access areas within the platform for the specific commodities a client has selected. This can easily be expanded to additional users across an enterprise.
- Starting with a pilot program for selected Middle East clients in H2 2019, the S&P Global Platts commercial team has begun Commodity Service Model discussions with selected clients in all regions in 2020. Discussions will continue with the broader client base into 2021.
The first commercial version of Platts Platform was launched during February 2020’s IP Week at the S&P Global Platts London Oil and Energy Forum. This is a major step in the evolution of S&P Global Platts’ offering toward a better digital user experience. Platts Platform is available to subscribers who wish to be part of the early adopter community.